PDA

View Full Version : Moving a project to Windows Installer

pbourreau
08-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi,

I would like to get log files for my installation project. As I understood, this feature is only available for Windows Installer projects. I am working on a project which is already quite big, but that is just an InstallScript project. I would like to know if it is possible to change this project to a Windows Installer one? If not, is it possible to create a new project and copies the configuration of an old one (features, scripts, registry entries...) to it?
Thank you.

aventi
08-19-2005, 07:14 AM
I have to first state that I have not tried this.
With that said, the great difference between the two is the InstallScript Engine.

What I would recommend trying is create your new WI install then export the features from your old IS install to your new WI install.
If you do have any InstallScripts associated with features I would remove them before the export.

pbourreau
08-19-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi aventi,

thanks for the information. Can you please tell me how I can import my features from one project to another one?

Thanks

aventi
08-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Right click on a Feature and select Export. Then in the dialog select the WI installer you are exporting to. It is in the Help system.