PDA

View Full Version : Z Order

txmcse
08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
The CheckLaunchReadme checkbox found on the MSI dialog SetupCompleteSuccess doesn't display until the user moves the mouse over it, or tabs to it.

My company recently completed a rebranding effort that included creating new images for our InstallShield projects. The new image is only 112px wide, and so to fill the right side of the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog with white, I created a new image. I used the Send to back which I assume arranges the controls' Z-Order.

This wasn't a problem when I had one bitmap image that spanned the entire width and height of the dialog, but after the addition of the new image I can't seem to adjust its Z-Order. I've looked in the Direct Editor, and its Control table. When I first opened that table, the tab order included my new image. I edited the Control_Next fields to exclude my new image, and then closed the tab loop to make my MSI viable again.

Is there somewhere in the Direct Editor that I can absolutely control the Z-Order of my controls? Is there a setting that tells InstallShield that my new image is just a background, and not a control that the user can interact with? Is there an InstallShield bug that causes checkboxes to not paint under these conditions?

Any help would be great.
Thanks,

--txmcse

RobertDickau
08-17-2005, 05:22 PM
I think it has to do with the way MSI paints bitmap and other controls; and I seem to remember the solution was to give the bitmap controls the Tab Stop property...

txmcse
08-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks Rob, but for those who might see this issue in the future, setting the tab stop doesn't help. I've tried with it set true and false, and both result in the same problem.

I agree that it is a problem with the MSI meathods of painting the dialog.

-txmcse