PDA

View Full Version : VB6 Corrupt DHCP TCP/IP

dougc98275
08-15-2005, 09:43 PM
I created another install package. Used the vb6 wizard, just something quick put together. Basic windows controls. It creates the msi correctly, no errors.

When I run on another pc (2 so far) after a reboot, the pc no longer can get a dhcp ip address from the server. I have to reinstall windows completely. Repair or upgrade will not work.

I have reproduced this with 2 new msi packages, and also on 4 pc's now. HELP!!!!

Mike Marino
08-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you are installing a system file, that may be an older version than the system previously had. Our VB Scanner tries to filter out core system components, however maybe this is a new one that we need to add to our filter list. Please look the the files your are installing to Windows\system32 and see if there are any system files. (or just post the list here, and I can tell you).

dougc98275
08-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks Mike

List of files sent to system32

ndbasa32.dll ado dll for sql anywhere
vsflex6.ocx ocx grid control for vb
saexcel.dll dll used for creating excel files

modules installed
da03.6
ms component manager library
ms ole 4.2
vb virtual machine
windows common controls 5 and 6
windows common controls -2 6

No common files folder

The install package creates fine. It installs on client fine. Then when you reboot, you get "no file found dhcpip can't find the file"

If you uninstall the package, its still corrupt.

I would be glad to send you the setup folder or exe if that will help. I have reverted to 3.5 to at least get an install package out. THis has caused us delays in our launch, have googled, installshield forums for over a month now and can not figure out what is wrong.

Mike Marino
08-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Can you send me the setup that demos this?

(mmarino@macrovision.com)

Please zip it, EXEs will not get through.

dougc98275
08-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi Mike,

17nmb large. To big for your e mail system. Any ftp I can use. I also sent you an e mail

Mike Marino
08-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Can you build it uncompressed (CD_ROM), then send me just the MSI.