PDA

View Full Version : How to do "reboot &resume"?

woshizh
08-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Hi, I am using Installshield 7 Professional to create a installer which should be able to force the system to reboot and resume from the previous point after the reboot. Could anyone tell me how to do this?

puneet404
08-12-2005, 07:26 AM
The installer sets the AFTERREBOOT property to 1 after a reboot invoked by the ForceReboot action. The installer adds AFTERREBOOT=1 to the command line run immediately after the reboot. Then you can use the SetupResume dialog which is displayed when a previously canceled setup is resumed.

vpi_suresh
08-12-2005, 09:37 AM
The installer sets the AFTERREBOOT property to 1 after a reboot invoked by the ForceReboot action. The installer adds AFTERREBOOT=1 to the command line run immediately after the reboot. Then you can use the SetupResume dialog which is displayed when a previously canceled setup is resumed.

Hi,

I am also not able to do the reboot and resume option.

Where to set this forcereboot action.

Kindly help.

Suresh.

puneet404
08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
'ForceReboot' action available under 'standard actions' (obviously you'd need to condition the action in the seqence to control when it was fired off).

You could probably call ForceReboot using DoAction() if you wanted to keep everything inside an InstallScript CA.

PS: I am talking about InstallShield X Windows Installer Project. I am not familier with Installshield 7 Professional. :eek:

harid38
08-18-2011, 04:45 AM
I'm using BasicMsi project and having a small requirement, to reboot the machine during uninstallation,

so, is it possible to use FORCEREBOOT during uninstallation. If yes can you please give me the condiition

OR

Any other way of rebooting the machine during the uninstallation and contuning the uninstallation where i left?.

OR

Windows\installer folder contains the windows installers with some **** names, how can i get the exact name of the uninstaller, so that i can set it in runonce registry and start the uninstaller automatically after a reboot.