PDA

View Full Version : ICE03 errors - Shortcut Filename format

Adam G
08-10-2005, 06:42 PM
I just recently upgraded to IE 11, hoping that a problem inherent in IE 10 had been addressed. Well, it hasn't but maybe I'm the problem... I have been having trouble with patch sequences. I won't go into it since this issue has been addressed many times here. When I run a validation using Orca on the msi I created I get ICE03 errors, telling me that the shortcut names are invalid. Looking through MS documentation I discovered that the syntax for short file names is [short file name]|[Long file Name]. Indeed, when I correct the tables, the msi properly validates. This appears to be the problem causing my user's 2705 installation errors, according to Macrovision support (I haven't been able to test it). Anyway, why doesn't IE 10 or 11 handle the shortcut names correctly or am I missing something? In shortcut view, the only place to enter the name is in the "tree view" and it does not permit you to enter a pipe symbol. Does anybody have some insight on this issue?

Thanks.
Adam

Adam G
08-16-2005, 09:15 AM
After further testing on this issue, I have discovered that IE 11 does, in fact, translate custom shortcut names to filename format; it does not translate its own "uninstall" shortcut name to filename format causing a ICE03 error. Hmm...

Adam