PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: How to check the service pack and version number

msegurola
08-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi guys,

i was wondering how to check the service pack and version number of the Sql Server during the installation and how to create the conditions to abort the installation if they are not or are the wrong versions. Thx in advance.

hidenori
08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
You may want to use the version requirement property in the SQL Scripts view. When you click the Next button on the built-in SQLLogin dialog, the ISSQLServerValidate action will be invoked to test the connection. This operation also tests the version requirement that you specifies in the IDE.

If the version requirement is not met, 27503 will be set to the IS_SQLSERVER_STATUS property. You would need to test the property after the action gets called, then quit your setup if 27503 is set.

Hope this helps.

deanmcm
11-01-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm also trying to check the value of IS_SQLSERVER_STATUS. Is there a good way to display the value of this property?

I specifically want to check for the error 27504, which is raised when the SQL version prerequisite is not met.

I tried the method in this thread (http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=150807&highlight=27503) but it did not work for me.

Any suggsetions?