PDA

View Full Version : Stuck again: String tables

MarcusM
08-09-2005, 06:51 AM
I'm converting a setup project from IS 9 DevStudio to IS 11 professional. Among several problems, this one is really serious: IS 11 doesn't build the string tables or so it seems. I can export and import them without getting any warning messages, all content is there. During build I get five warnings concerning replaced strings. The warnings bear the numbers 7019-7022 and 6257. The latter can be found in the knowledge base but that doesn't help me. The real problem occurs when executing the setup: no string entries are found! I only get the message "String <Identifier> not found in string table." and then the identifier is put into the respective dialog. The string tables themselves seem to be ok, they're also listed in the project.ism-file. This happens for almost any string. I've got tables for German (standard) and English.

So, has anyone any clues as to solve this mystery? Am I doing something wrong? At the moment, I am at a complete loss as to what I should do.

MarcusM
08-11-2005, 04:15 AM
Well, it seemed to be a failure during conversion. I converted the project manually (rebuillding all features, importing the script files and string tables) and everything works.

Apparently, InastallShield has got some problems with converting projects of older versions into newer ones.