PDA

View Full Version : Installshield line...

RChapel
08-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Hello all,

how can I remove the line and the InstallShield label which are displayed on every dialog in a Basic MSI project (at the bottom of dialogs).

Please see my attachment

thank you in advance,

Regards.

irancho
08-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Hello, I resolve this problem, making a line and label, and put on the place where that label is. But that is not a elegant solution :(

sbrinkmeyer
08-02-2005, 11:34 AM
installshield asks that you do not do that, but, do not out right say you can't, so, ... it is possible that you could add a post build step and do something like this from a cmd/vbs script

WiRunSQL.vbs "Current\CDROM\DiskImages\DISK1\myInstall.msi" "DELETE FROM Control WHERE Control = 'DlgLine'" "DELETE FROM Control WHERE Control = 'Branding1'" "DELETE FROM Control WHERE Control = 'Branding2'"

although this is purely hypothetical :rolleyes:

irancho
08-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi, then, If I Can delete this line with sql senteces, Can I update the text with "update set" like sql?

Thank you for your response :)

sbrinkmeyer
08-02-2005, 01:04 PM
hypothetically, ... yes ;)

RChapel
08-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Hello,

thank you very much sbrinkmeyer !

I've deleted them from the direct editor, in the control table, and it works well :), you don't need to use the script...

Thank you !

sbrinkmeyer
08-03-2005, 11:23 AM
if you do it from the direct editor before building the project, ... InstallShield puts them back every time you build.

that is why you have to do it as a post build step