PDA

View Full Version : Problem with adding a wide push button.

Monika
08-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I tried to add a wide push button control to a Custom Dialog. I added a push button and then changed the width property but when the setup running the button still looks at its default size.

:confused: What could be a reason for it?

I am using InstallShield 11, but when I’ve used InstallShield Developer 8SP2 I didn’t have such problem.

sbrinkmeyer
08-02-2005, 05:36 PM
can you open up the built msi for your project in the InstallShield IDE and go to the direct editor select the control table, find you item and see what the width says?

Monika
08-03-2005, 04:42 AM
can you open up the built msi for your project in the InstallShield IDE and go to the direct editor select the control table, find you item and see what the width says?

Hi sbrinkmeyer,

I open the MyProductName.msi file in the InstallShield IDE and go to the direct editor/control table but there aren't any items.

Thank you

sbrinkmeyer
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
i have tried reproducing this.

in a basic msi project the control table should have a lot of entries. It appears that you are doing a installshield based msi. as then you will start off with blank entries in your control table and after you build it builds those controls into a custom dll to be used for your dialogs.

is this a custom dialog that you have added from scratch to the dialog sequence or have you modified one of the existing dialogs in the sequence?

Monika
08-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the reply,

I found out that when I set the “Tab Stop” property to false, the button looks just as I want.
In addition to it, I also have a problem with the “Tab Index” and the “Default Selection”.
When I set a Tab order, it doesn’t follow it. Also the “Next” button is always the default button. I checked the control table and all looks correct.

Any idea?