PDA

View Full Version : Direct Editor?

bwallan
07-30-2005, 01:03 AM
I have received the following message on build:

ISEXP : error -6262: The directory table contains the entry ARPAUTHORIZEDCDFPREFIX. This identifier is reserved ; defining it in the directory table will yield unpredictable results at runtime. Use the Direct Editor to rename this directory Identifier.

What is Direct Editor and how do I access it?

Also, any idea what ARPAUTHORIZEDCDFPREFIX is? Or what a directory table is? Never saw this in the working Express 3.5.4 build?

Running Windows XP Professional w/o SP2. We cannot get SP2 and our communications operational at same time; communications more important!

Thanks for assistance.

carsten
08-09-2005, 06:42 AM
I don't think that tool is available in the Express version, I have looked for it my self, - since it seems to be able to solve most of the problems we all are struggling with in the Express version.

-cpede

Stefan Krueger
08-14-2005, 05:53 AM
That's true: Direct Editor is only included in the Professional and Premier editions.
However you can download the Orca tool from Microsoft and open your project file with it. It is very similar to the Direct Editor. (you may need to rename your project file to *.msi; be sure to make a backup copy first). Internally, InstallShield sues the .msi file format for the project file, that's why you can open and edit it in Orca. When you're done rename it back to its original name.

wkirkman
08-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I followed all the links I could find on the MS site and can not find the Orce.exe to download. Did MS take it off the download center? Unfortunately, I have no way to correct this error. I got this after converting a project from InstallShield Express 3.x to InstallShield 11 Express.
Can anyone post a link to the download for the Orca.EXE?

Thanks,
BK

Bob Frakes
08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Here's the link to the Microsoft Download Site...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=windows+installer&productID=6F6B7367-A11C-49C3-8CC6-92E74D092146&DisplayLang=en

You need to install the orca.msi when you get them installed...

Bob Frakes