PDA

View Full Version : to install or not to install, that is the question

Ths.Mr
07-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi all,

I working at an installer including various application (batabase engine, application, pdf tool and such) ... needed to simplify the installtion prozess.
I am using a Installscript - MSI Project with Installshield 11 Pro.

On beginning of the dialog series a have an AskOption Dialog to determine which solftware has to be installed and which software not.

Question
How to tell the installer to copy files or not :confused: I have different Folders "INSTALLDIR" "APPLICATION_A" "APPLICATION_B" ..... How to set conditions to copy them onto the target system or not ?
Same with reg entries und environment variables :confused:

To show Dialogs or not is very simple, but I dont have an idea setting contitions to folders ......

any advise is very welcome
regards Thomas

MichaelU
07-27-2005, 10:43 AM
One option may be to create a feature for each option, and use FeatureIsItemSelected or FeatureGetData to see what the user had selected and act appropriately. Alternately if you're set on multiple different option dialogs, you could still use features (possibly invisible) and control them yourself with FeatureSelectItem or FeatureSetData...

Ths.Mr
08-03-2005, 09:30 AM
thanks a lot.

worked fine!

used a AskFeatureTree Dialog, hidding all subfeatures....
then ask FeatureIsItemSelected ... and set the corresponding Features (FeatureSelectItem).
:)