PDA

View Full Version : How to start EXE from CD after Install?

Manuel Wenk
07-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Hello,

I'm new to IS and I've created an Basic MSI Setup Project. I would like to start an exe-file from the sourceDir after install has finished, any Idea how to do this`?

I've tried to use InstallScript but the installers seems to ignore the sripts in an msi project. When I add an UserDefinded Action I'm only allowed to run exe files which have been installed previously.

Example: On my CD there's an installdone.exe and an setup.exe, after setup has finished i would like to Launch <sourcedir>installdone.exe /t <targetpath>

Thanks for help!

esrar322
07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Installshield 11

Manuel Wenk
07-27-2005, 03:11 AM
No,

the Setup File should start an EXE from the Source Dir after Installation is finished.

felltier-a
07-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Hi Manuel,

have you tried to read SETUPEXEDIR property to find your sourcedir?

Manuel Wenk
07-27-2005, 03:43 AM
Where? In a Script on an action?

felltier-a
07-27-2005, 03:50 AM
I think you can call your Installdone.exe directly in an CA

[SETUPEXEDIR]Installdone.exe /t <TargetPath>

for me it works.........

Manuel Wenk
07-27-2005, 03:51 AM
Ok, what kind of CA do you have added?

felltier-a
07-27-2005, 03:53 AM
"starting an executable" i think

( using IS in another language ) :)

Manuel Wenk
07-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Me too, I'm using the german Version.

I've added an CA (New EXE->Path in Property). In the Properties there are 2 Values: Property of the Executable (I left this blank) and Commandline (I've entered [SETUPEXEDIR]test.exe /t.

Then I've added the CA to the Sequenz as the last Step. But the only thing that happens is an error (Could not complete Setup due to an error... )

What am I doing wrong?

Manuel Wenk
07-27-2005, 04:35 AM
The Info of the "Property of the Executable" Values says: Select the Property which contains a complete path to your executable. When I try to insert [SETUPEXEDIR]test.exe as an value it says: The entered Values are invalid.

Manuel Wenk
07-27-2005, 05:32 AM
Ok, I've canceld this and use InstallScript instead. But I'm not sure how to determine the Path of the Setup.exe in the Installscript, but SRCDIR only contains the path of the temp folder with the decompressed files.

felltier-a
07-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Create a property

Create an CA-->adjust an property

source: "your property"
target: "SETUPEXEDIR"

Path is stored in "your property"

In script:

Use "MsiGetProperty" to recieve your path in script