PDA

View Full Version : Source Safe Integration

DMorisseau
07-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm having a strange problem with getting my project added into SourceSafe. I identify the project where in the SourceSafe tree I want the project added to, and the files start to be checked in, but then I get an error message to the effect that <FullPathName> could not be mapped to <SSProjectName>. After that is completed, the .ism file is present at the desired point in the tree and the setup.rul files is located under a Script Files sub-folder.

I believe it was processing some of my SQL script files when the error message was tripped.

Any assistance would be appreciated, otherwise I'm manualy copying the directories up to my home directory on the network (I spent 3 weeks on this project, I don't want to lose anything)

DMorisseau
08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
I managed to get my issue solved, but I'm posting the resolution for anyone else who may run into the problem:

If a sql connection and scripts are a part of the project, the sql scripts must be located in a directory underneath ISPROJECTDIR in order to stop source code integration with SourceSafe from raising an error that the path could not be resolved.

In my case, my script files were already in source safe in another folder, and even though the Path Variable properly resolves the files when the project is built, using source code integration caused a problem when trying to resolve those paths.