PDA

View Full Version : Standalone Build not founding dotnetfx.exe and windows installer engine

rgunawan
07-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi!

We (meaning my company, I'm not royalty :p) are experimenting with Standalone builder so that we can automate our installation making process. When I tried running the installation, it complained that it cannot find dotnetfx and the Windows Installer 3.1 Engine (which we use and redistribute) on the computer.

It tells us to "download this using the Redistributable Downloader under the Tools menu" The thing is, the automatic build machine does not have Installshield 11 installed on it (that's why we're using the standalone builder), since this machine is used just to create builds, and not to author the .ism file.

I noticed that the Windows Installer Engine seems to be included with the standalone build. Could someone point me to where I can make sure that the standalone builder is looking at the correct directory for dotnetfx and windows installer engine? Or how can I move them from my build machine that has InstallShield 11?

Thanks.

Raymond.

jeffprince777
02-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm having the same problem you had.

I've found dotnetfx in C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS 11.5 StandaloneBuild\0409.

How do I get Standalone build to find it?

:confused: