PDA

View Full Version : UNINSTALL_DISPLAYNAME system variable

DOBJEK
07-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi all.
I'm using InstallShield 11. My project is InstallShield [Basic MSI].
My needs are that string in "Add/Remove Program" should be different than ProductName of my project. From the documentation I read that it's possible to use UNINSTALL_DISPLAYNAME system variable to provide this feature. But also I noted this information:

UNINSTALL_DISPLAYNAME is used only in InstallScript and InstallScript MSI installation projects. Basic MSI projects use the value of the ProductName property as the product's display name in the Add/Remove Programs panel.

Can somebody clarify, does it mean that I can't use UNINSTALL_DISPLAYNAME in my case?

Thank you in advance.

RobertDickau
07-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Correct, UNINSTALL_DISPLAYNAME is available only for InstallScript and InstallScript MSI projects: those projects either don't use or suppress the normal display name MSI would use, and add an extra entry for the InstallScript uninstaller; for Basic MSI, there is no additional wrapper, and therefore no option to override the MSI ARP display name...

Stefan Krueger
07-20-2005, 01:59 PM
As a workaround you could set the ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property. Thus Windows Installer will not create an uninstall entry at all. Now you can create your own entry using the Registry view.

DOBJEK
07-22-2005, 08:24 AM
thank you guys....