PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dialogs not working

scbutler1
07-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I am currently working with InstallShield 11, using an InstallShield MSI project and I am attempting to add a custom dialog to my installation.

I have read the documentation and I am following its instructions and I am still having problems just getting the darn thing to show up. Here is what I am doing

1) I have created a custom Dialog from a Blank Dialog using the Create Dialog Wizard. I named the dialog - ConfigureTMSService

2) Next I went to the Direct Editor to add a resource id to my new dialog. (Anyone know why this does not add iteself automatically???). I gave it an id of 15000.

3) Then in my OnFirstUIBefore function I made the following additions:

EzDefineDialog("ConfigureTMSService","","", 15000);
WaitOnDialog("ConfigureTMSService");

Per the documentation, this should be the only things that I need to do in order for a custom dialog to appear. Has anyone out there had issues with this???? I am in desperate need of some assistance on this subject.

Thanks for the help in advance.

If anyone would like to contact me directly - cbutler@askcts.com

Inabus
07-19-2005, 04:33 AM
You state that you are using a blank dialog, is there any reason for that? The issue you are having sounds like you havn't got the dialog box in the UI sequance, to do this decide if you need an Interior or Exterior dialog rather than using a blank.

An exterior dialog would only be used if you wanted to add a new welcome to my MSI type screen, the general dialog you would use is the Interior Dialog as this will ensure that the dialog is put into the correct sequance in the UI.

As far as I am aware to get a dialog to appear, having done this numerous times, there is no need to use the Direct edit mode as this will only complicate matter for you.

Paul