PDA

View Full Version : not able to install and start NT service ... causes rollback

esrar322
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
I am trying to install and start a NT service during installation of my applicaiton and it is instead causing a rollback when I attempt to install on Windows 2003 & XP. When I do msiexec with the logging option, the log file indicates a 1923 privilege issue in starting the NT service. It works fine on Windows 2000. When I take out the "Install NT Service" option under the Advanced Settings of my component that requires a services to be started, the installation completes successfully on Windows 2003/XP.

I have been using a very old version of Installshield and all the installs created with the old version works perfectly on Windows 2003, XP, 2000.

I am evaluating Installshield version 11 since it allows 64-bit deployment.
I converted one of my .ism projects that was created with the old verison. All the conversions seem to have gone well. But I am facing this roll back issue and not sure what is causing it.

I did delete and add the "Install NT Service" option under version 11, but this didn't solve the problem. In both the old version (v1.52) and the new version (v11, professional) of Installshield, I am trying to install and start the NT Service as LocalSystem. I wonder what extra privilege settings that need to be set under Installshield v11 for installing on newer, stricter operating systems such as Windows 2003.

Any kind of advice, pointers on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

GerardOBrien
06-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi there,

I am having a similar issue with installing services - did you ever get to the bottom of this?