PDA

View Full Version : Prerequsities - conditions not working

woz017
07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
I am trying to create a prerequsite to install .NET Framework v1.1 SP#1 and all works fine.
I obviously only want to install this if it is not already present, so I created a condition of the type 'A registry entry has a certain value',

Regsitry Name = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v1.1.4322
Value Name = SP (Type REG_DWORD)
Value Data = 1
Compare type = 'Less Than'

Problem is my installation does not seem to apply the condition - it tries to install the application everytime. I have double (triple) checked the key and value exist and are set to a value of 1.

A similar condition that test a REG_STRING value appears to work.

Is there something special I need to do to get numeric compares to worK?

woz017
07-14-2005, 07:33 AM
It seems that Prerequisites only work when testing the value of a registry entry of the type REG_STRING .. it this true :eek:

Many of the registry strings I need to test of version of service pack information and these are stored as REG_DWORDs. I cannot believe that Installshield would not support REG_DWORDs :rolleyes:

Or I am I doing something wrong ..... :confused:

Anyone ...

Daniel K
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I've had the same issue, I don't think this feature is installshield's. Installshield just provides an interface for populating the appropriate tables - and it seems that the properties must be stored as strings and the type is indicated by a pre-fix ('#' for DWORDS for example). Take a look at the windows installer help topic for the Reglocator table; it'll tell you everything I know about it anyway...

Unless you find something I didn't you'll probably end up writing a custom action.

ERDA804
07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm seeing the same problem... I have checked the value of the registry key using Install Script, the value data for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v1.1.4322\SP is 1.
It seems InstallShield is not validating the condition correctly.

I'm using InstallShield 10.5

woz017
07-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I am talking about the Prerequisites editor, which I believe is an Installshield specific feature which runs before MSI starts. So I am not sure of the relevance of the information in the MSI RegLocator table.

But maybe you can explain what I am missing

nicusor
03-15-2006, 09:15 AM
hello,

have you solved this one?