PDA

View Full Version : Minor upgrade

RChapel
07-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Hello all,

I don't understand how minor updates work...
For instance, I added a new file in an existing installation, then I changed the Package code and the product version, and created the minor upgrade with the original setup to upgrade.

When building this new release, there are lots of errors such as :

ISDEV : error Val0006: The Component '_A7B4485DAB1E42329B8602EB57F9EAE4' identified by ComponentID '{A7B4485D-AB1E-4232-9B86-02EB57F9EAE4}' is missing from the newest version of your setup. You can not delete components and still do a minor/small upgrade. You must perform a major upgrade. c:\docume~1\[Me]\locals~1\temp\1c5\old.msi

First, why does it take from Temp ?
And what are theses components ? I watched in the Components View, but theses codes didn't exist...

Thanks you,
Regards.

RobertDickau
07-12-2005, 12:57 PM
That looks like a component name from a dynamic file link. If you haven't yet, in the last panel of the Release Wizard you might specify the earlier version of your package in the Patch Optimization property. That setting ensures component codes, media keys, and file keys match up between builds for the sake of updates...

RChapel
07-13-2005, 03:00 AM
Yes it works well with patch optimisation
thanks you

However, my first installation is a compressed setup, so I can't use this optimisation because it asks me a MSI file...

How can I do it with my compressed installation ?