PDA

View Full Version : caExtractIISSuppFiles action fails.

johnd2
07-12-2005, 04:36 AM
I've recently imported an InstallShield X Express project into IS 11.0. However when I run the installation it terminates early with the message "The wizard was interupted before <our app> could be installed completely."

I've stepped though the installation with the MSI debugger and it seems that the caExtractIISSuppFiles action is failing. At least, it jumps from there to "InstallExecuteSequence ends".

I do have a number of IIS virtual roots that are created in the setup, but why would caExtractIISSuppFiles fail? and is there a mechanism in the debugger to see any error code that caExtractIISSuppFiles might have returned?

Thanks,

John.

johnd2
07-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Does anyone have any ideas about this?

I did a google search for "caExtractIISSuppFiles" and found very little other than this link:

http://community.installshield.com/archive/index.php?t-134066.html

The last post there suggested a solution but my project already has all the PROGMSG_IIS_ variable defined.

At the moment my IS 11.0 project just don't work.

/john

johnd2
07-15-2005, 08:14 AM
OK,

I've found the "MSI Log File" options (Oh, how a miss the days of paper documentation) and enabled the log - here's the relevant section

Action start 13:34:15: caExtractIISSuppFiles.
1: Error with IISRT: 259
Action ended 13:34:16: caExtractIISSuppFiles. Return value 3.

If I delete all my virtual directories the install proceeds OK, as soon as I add one it fails again.

pgioia
10-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Any results or help on this one yet? I use Express and have exactly the same problem.