PDA

View Full Version : Help with PlaceBitmap

rookie_install
07-11-2005, 02:07 PM
PlaceBitmap (BMP_PATH, BITMAP_ID_2, 0, 0, UPPER_LEFT);

I have created an installscript complete with a custom action to call it. I am trying to use this function call, but it doesn't seem to work. I think my problem is that I don't understand how to declare BMP_PATH. I have done this, but it doesn't work:

#define BMP_PATH "C:\bbrd1.bmp"

function MyFunction(hMSI)
// To Do: Declare local variables.
begin
//Enable( FULLWINDOWMODE );
Enable( BACKGROUND );

MessageBox ( 'Testing' , WARNING );
PlaceBitmap ( BMP_PATH , BITMAP_ID_1 , 50 , 50 , UPPER_RIGHT );
PlaceBitmap ( "" , BITMAP_ID_1 , 50 , 50 , REMOVE );

I am getting the warning dialog box so I know the script is being called, but for the life of me I can't get a bitmap to be displayed.

Thanks for any help. :)

RobertDickau
07-12-2005, 09:16 AM
The BMP_PATH should be the path at run time (not the path on your development system) of the image. If you copy the file into the Support Files view, your script could use something like:

#define BMP_PATH SUPPORTDIR^"filename.bmp"

rookie_install
07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I made the change you suggested. I added the file into the support files view, and then changed the BMP path, however nothing is displayed still.

Is it possible that my install is too short in order to display billboards? I have only a few second install at this point.

Does it matter what type of installation I have? I am using a basic MSI project.

I have ready everything I can find, and I have to be overlooking something simple.