PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Multiple Languages cause some problems during Installation ..

ajugeorge
07-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Hi all,

We are doing an Installscript MSI project. We are facing an issue using Installshield 11. The problem is like,
If we build the whole product by selecting only English language and try to install, its installing perfectly. But when we build the whole product by selecting the some other languages, its building properly, but while installing its showing an error like,

=== Logging started: [Date] [Time] ===

I read that this problem was already there in Installshield 7.0, but it was not there in Installshield X.
Is it still appearing in Installshield11 or we need to do some settings in this to avoid this problem in IS11 ??
Does anybody faced this same issue ??
Please suggest some method to avoid this problem ..

Thanks in advance,

AJU

homer_simpson
07-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Hi i have the same issue while migrating a Developer 8 project to InstallShield 11 (Eval-Version).

But I have no idea how to fix/solve this problem. Did you solved it?

Daniel

ajugeorge
07-05-2005, 07:16 AM
No Daniel, It seems to be the problem with Installshield 11. But no one from the Installshield support is confirming whether its a bug or not.
If its a bug, then its really a serious issue and they need to release some SP or Hotfix for this problem ..
If its not a bug, then we need to find out what is difference between other Installshields and this IS11.

Thanks,
AJU

ajugeorge
07-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Hi daniel,

We got the solution for this issue. While building the product using the Release Wizard, select the Windows Installer location and Installscript Engine location as "Copy from source media" instead of "Extract from Setup.exe". This might solve ur problem also ..

Regards,
AJU

homer_simpson
07-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Hi ajugeorge,

thanks for your solutions, it works. I can confirm this. I do another tests in this way an figured out, if i let one of the 2 engines in the setup launcher then it also fails with an EMPTY error box.
So only put out both engines from setup launcher (the way you did) helps for this issue.

IMHO this is definitly a Bug, this works fine in Developer 7 and 8. Why this won't work in InstallShield 11 Premier?
Could someone confirm this, maybe from official installdhield side?

Daniel

malencar
07-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone,

I have the same problem even when I started a new project with InstallShield 11 premier. I reported that to the InstallShield support and they confirmed to me that this was a bug. They assured me that it would be fixed at the next release of the product. Here is the workorder number : IOC-000033857

Mario