PDA

View Full Version : Registry modifications not allowed

pbourreau
06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi,

i am developping an installation with installshield 11. The first installation works well, all the features are installed and the different keys I am creating are OK (these keys are specified in the Registry option of IS + created for any feature installation...).

When I try to modify my first installation, if I delete certain features from the previous installation, all the files are well-installed but the keys I am trying to update do not contain their new values (these keys are an encoded list of the installed features) :confused:

I debugged my code, and even more surprising is that my registry contains the new values just before starting the file installation of my modification, but after installing the first feature, it is set back to its old value :eek:

If anybody knows something about this bug, I would really, really appreciate your help!!!

Cheers

Happy Days
06-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Make sure that the key path in new and old package is not same. If its same, create a dummy registry key in new package and set it as a key value. See if it works.