PDA

View Full Version : SELECTED_LANGUAGE problem

willemh
06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Currently we are testing Installshield 11 - Installscript project, coming from Installshield Developer 8.0.

In out installation, we have a different License file for differrent languages. So, what we want to do is in script tell the installer what file to use.
Something like this :

NumToStr(szHelp, SELECTED_LANGUAGE);
szLicenseFile = SUPPORTDIR ^ "lic" + szHelp + ".txt";

And use the szLicenseFile variable in the SdLicense. Now, this does not work.
SELECTED_LANGUAGE always returns a 9, all other language related properties, whatever return always English, or the English Language-ID. There was another poster with exactly the same problem, but there was no reply on the question. To check and use SELECTED_LANGUAGE in our scripts is a hard must for our company. Anyone with a good idea? We can't and won't go back to windows-installer based installations though.

dbriggs
06-24-2005, 10:35 AM
The easiest way to do this is to put your various language licence files into the language-dependent folder beneath Support Files. That was, only one will be copied into SUPPORTDIR as appropriate for the selected language (and they can all have the same name).

Hope that helps,

David

P.S. I'm using DS9 so my terminology might not be exactly correct for IS11.

dbriggs
06-24-2005, 10:38 AM
I use SELECTED_LANGUAGE in InstallScript but I format it like this:-

Sprintf (szTemp, "%04.4lx", SELECTED_LANGUAGE);

to regenerate the 0009 format.

I do this to find the splash bitmap/GIF for the Setup so I can copy it into DISK1TARGET for Maintenance Mode. The various language files are in subdirectories below SRCDIR, in this case (for a multi-language install).

David

willemh
06-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Thanks. The problem was related tyo the different ID's the Installscript version is using and the Windows installed we used in the past. Thanks for the answers.