PDA

View Full Version : SdFeatureTree required and available disk space problems

johnbolton
06-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm having a problem that started with InstallShield 7 Professional and has persisted through InstallShield 11 Premier.

No matter what I do, the "Space Required on" and "Space Available on" values are always zero. Also, the target drive displayed is always C: even when TARGETDIR is set to another drive letter.

Here is the call:

nResult = SdFeatureTree( szTitle, szMsg, szTargetdir, szComponents, nLevel );

I've even tried passing in the following parameters based on some of the articles I have read here.

SdFeatureTree( "", "", TARGETDIR, "" , nLevel );

nLevel is always 2. We have components and subcomponents.

The same problem occurs with IS 7's SdComponentTree.

Here's the kicker - if I use any of the other component dialogs (for example, SdFeatureDialog), the space values and driver letter are correct.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

John

wernerf
02-17-2006, 08:11 AM
To keep this thread alive:
Same problem with my DevStudio 9 installation!
All space infos are simply zero.
Did you find a solution?

Werner

johnbolton
02-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah I was able to find a solution for me. Turns out somebody before had modified the SdFeatureTree dialog and screwed up the labeling.

Here's how the properties should be.

For space required, you want the control name to be ControlId_722 and the text to be "%s of space required on the %s drive".

For space available, you want the control name to be ControlId_723 and the text to be "%s of space available on the %s drive".

In IS 11.x, you can tell a dialog has been customized because it is bolded in the list of dialogs. I don't know how it is in versions above 7 or below 11.

Good luck man.

Let me know if you're still having problems.

wernerf
02-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Indeed, this dialog template HAS been modified in my install project (DS9 lists modified dialogs in bold letters, as IS 11.x does), and I cannot recall why we did so. One option, of course, is to revert this dialog to default, but I'm a little bit curious about what happened exactly. The control id's for the drive letters are ControlId_722 and ControlId_723, while for the sizes (space required/available) they are ControlId_716 and ControlId_717. They seem to have been swapped for some reason, for the drive letters should have 716/717, and the sizes should have 722/723. So I think this is the reason for my problems, and after reverting the dialog to default it should be set.

Thanks a lot!

Werner

johnbolton
02-20-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm glad I was able to help!

John