PDA

View Full Version : Add an icon to features in the Dlg_SdFeatureTree and saving the chosen on OnSQLLogin

Iritbachar
06-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi,

I have the InstallShield 11 and my first question, is how do i add an icon next to each feature in the Dlg_SdFeatureTree?

My second one is: If i'm using the OnSQLLogin dialog, and i want to save the user's login and password, how do i do that?

Please advice since i'm bran new with this program... :-)

Thanks,

RobertDickau
06-22-2005, 09:44 AM
For (1), you might look at creating a view.bmp file as described in Macrovision KB article Q101703, at http://support.installshield.com. (I haven't tried it with an InstallScript MSI project, but it seems to work with InstallScript.)

For (2), it depends where you want to store the data. The default script uses both an InstallScript variable and an MSI property to store the user's input.

Iritbachar
06-23-2005, 04:31 AM
Thank you very much for your help Mr. Dickau.
For No. 1 I succeed in doing so. thanks a lot.
As for No.2 - Can you give more specific example please?
I also want to add a field where I'll ask the user to enter the Database name. Can i add a field to this Dialog?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

RobertDickau
06-23-2005, 08:11 AM
For (2), where do you want to record the data?

Adding an edit field to an InstallScript dialog box is kind of tricky if you haven't done it before; it involves modifying the dialog layout (easy), and then copying the dialog's script code and adding a handler and variable for the new edit field...

Iritbachar
06-26-2005, 02:39 AM
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your great help.
I already managed to do so.

Kind regards,