PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Settings

ethem.azun
06-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Hi,

I've seen that there's no predefined dialog for Web Folders. So I created one myself. I added an Edit Field with a property name VIRTUALFODERNAME. I made sure that the entry is also in the Property Manager and has a default value. The user will enter a name for the Virtual Directory here and the Virtual Directory will be created with this name on IIS. Additionally the physical folder name of the application residing under the IISROOT directory also should have this name.

For IIS, it worked well when I used the notation [VIRTUALFOLDERNAME] as the Display name. But I couldn't figure out a way to make the physical folder also to have this name. When I enter it with the same notation on Add Files & Folders in the Assistant Wizard, it simply does not accept it. Is there another way to define dynamic folder names on the wizard's Add Files & Folders part?

Thanks,

Ethem

chris_p
06-22-2005, 09:10 AM
As I understand this, you want to create a folder named after the input on your dialog.

if you know the physical location of your virtual directory, you could try the following:
Go to the Direct Editor, view the Directory table and create a new entry, which you can adjust at runtime by a Set Directory custom action
This directory's name should then appear in files and folders view.