PDA

View Full Version : linces for Automation Interface ???

DOBJEK
06-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi guys...
I'm using licensed version of InstallShield11. Recently I wrote application which uses InstallShield's Automation Interface (ISWiAutomation11.dll). But when I build my release using Automation Interface during installation of this release it says me that I'm using Evaluation version of InstallShield. Very strange.. Does it mean that I need to buy lincense for Automation Interface??? I really believe that not.. Does anybody had simmilar situation?
Thank you in advance....

MartinMarkevics
06-20-2005, 07:08 PM
This problem will be fixed in the forthcoming hotfix (should be out very soon). I believe the issue only occurs when you use the automation interface to do the build so you can use the command line build (or IDE) instead for the near term.

DOBJEK
06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
thank you...
can you estimate how soon will be hot fix?
and also I have another issue that looks doesn't support in current version.. I need to create a lot of installers automatically and all my changes are setup.exe related only so I don't need to re-build all installation package.. but need some mechanism that allows me to re-build setup.exe only... (I tried to use setupini.exe utillity and it doesn't work maybe because I use it for web deploy project it corrupts my setup.exe that after it doesn't work anymore). Do you plan to add this feature in the feature? or maybe something has already exists ???