PDA

View Full Version : Adding Files and Folders to Temporary Dir

leokrlewis
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
I want to be able to include Files and folders to the temporary directory that is created during initialization so that I can call on an application which installs prerequisites. I tried using a component and select <SUPPORTDIR> as the destination and dynamic and specify the folder to use. I tried creating a single exe or regular but when I run the files and folders are not showing up in the <SUPPORTDIR>. What am I doing wrong?

Kenneth Lewis
Intuit, Inc.

Somebody
06-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Since you are using a component, that means your files and folders will not show up in the SUPPORTDIR until your install has gotten to the point where files and folders are transferred (usually quite late in most installs). Also, when the user clicks on the final dialog to end the install, InstallShield erases the SUPPORTDIR. Is this the behavior you desire? Before you click on the final dialog to end the install are your files at that time in the SUPPORTDIR?

Bobtcny
06-21-2005, 07:38 AM
To add files that are available anytime during the install, expand the Behavior and Logic node of the the tree view and click on Support Files/Billboards. Select Support Files (either Language Independent or the language). If you right click in the IDE pane, you can add files that will be included in your install and place in the SUPPORTDIR. You can only add files here. Folders are added under Advanced Files and are available under SRCDIR\foldername.

HTH