PDA

View Full Version : WSH download on demand.

dragos_ciulica
06-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi! Here's my problem:

I have to build a kit for small app which needs to be downloaded from a certain location. Everything looks good so far, but on WinNT with sp6 I discovered that the support for VBScript can miss, so some Custom Actions from my installer will not work (Install on Win NT sp 6 IE 5.5 minimal, un-check VBScripting checkbox). So, I tried to add a Prerequisite to check for WSCRIPT.EXE existance, and if not, to download scr56en.exe from my site. Then, the kit downloads the exe from the url I specify, start WSH install, but when WHS' install it's completed, my kit stops. After I reboot the target machine (manually), the kit resumes and install my app. I tried to set the returned error code of the prerequisite to ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED and ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_INITIATED but there is no reboot. Anyway, is there any other way I can do this, or, if not, how can I force reboot after a prerequisite and how can I be sure the install is resumed right after reboot?

Notes:
- adding as a MSM to be downloaded/distributed with my kit it is not an option;
- not intrested in InstallScript. This option will increase the size of my download.

Regards,
Dragos.