PDA

View Full Version : Using ISSaBuild.exe with Localization????

radrevere
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
We updated from IS 7 to IS 11 Premier to get the localization. The problem I am having is getting the stand alone builder to build in all of the language support. On my local machine I can use the 'Release Wizard' to do this but that isn't an option for the standalone build.

I looked in the docs and there isn't any switch that I could see that was specific to localization. Does anyone have any idea on how to ensure that localization is included in my release build using the standalone builder???

radrevere
06-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I asked support if IsSaBuild.exe is supposed to build Localization and did not get an answer. They want $100 to answer this question. According the the docs it should act the same as IsCmdBuild.exe but it obviously does not.

They claim that if it is a bug they would refund the money (yea, right!), but according to what I have read in these forums bugs are not a priority.

From now on I will be writing by own installations and get my money back from them. The last install I wrote took me just as long as it would have to make an installshield installation. ;)
TTFN

GlenMiller
08-04-2005, 09:37 AM
I was having the same problem in InstallShield 10 and was about to call support, when I discovered article Q108826 (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q108826).