PDA

View Full Version : Edit Field Control - How do I enable/disable

rdemarco
06-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Hi,

I am sure this is a simple question. How do I enable or disable a Edit Field control that I've put onto a Dialog Box with InstallScript? I have also have a check box and if the user checks box then i need to enable edit field otherwise disable.

Thanks, Rick

RobertDickau
06-06-2005, 02:16 PM
For a Basic MSI project, you can use control conditions. For an example, see the conditions on the Next button of the License agreement, which is disabled until the user selects "Yes, I agree..."

For InstallScript, please search these forums for "EnableWindow".

rdemarco
06-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks Heaps Robert, worked like a charm.. For someone who is new to InstallShield, do you have any tips on how to learn this sort of thing? It's pretty simple once you know how to do it but it's just the initial discovery on how and the how best to do things is the challenge. My company has just purchased Version 11..

Any books worth buying?

Thanks, Rick

RobertDickau
06-07-2005, 08:06 AM
You might look at the outlines of the InstallShield Press books here: www.installshield.com/ispress, and also perhaps the sample chapters of the training manuals. I think some of the newsletter articles and tips (one of the links in my signature) are also useful, but I'm biased...

mike.gregg
06-10-2005, 10:40 AM
:confused: I'm still really confused on how to disable an edit field on a dialog. I looked at what the License Aggreement is doing but still couldn't figure it out. HELP!!!

RobertDickau
06-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Which type of project, Basic MSI or InstallScript? If Basic MSI, perhaps see the "Control Condition" section of the sample chapter of the InstallShield 11 MSI training manual here: http://www.installshield.com/ispress/.

mike.gregg
06-10-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm using an InstallScript project. What I'm trying to do is, when a user selects to specify an instance name for a MSDE installation then they will uncheck the check box and then the Instance Name edit field will enable. If they want to use the default instance then the check box will be check and the edit field will be diabled.