PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Uninstall

Dan Crosby
06-02-2005, 10:06 AM
My application has installed - sort of - the files are on the disk, but there is no entry in 'Add/Remove Programs'. So now I need to uninstall, but when I start my setup it shows the error in the attached picture. So what do I do now?

vinodn1
06-03-2005, 12:46 PM
It could be that the previous uninstall was not complete or proper. Check under the HKLM\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall registry for your product GUID.

Also look under the C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information. (Note: by default this is a hidden folder, so you would have to unhide it). Try deleting the GUID and information under it from both these locations. Then you should be able to install your product again.

-Vinod

Dan Crosby
06-10-2005, 04:20 AM
In the end I found a utility from MS that blitzes installs from your machine, that did the trick..

chrisgwilliams
06-27-2005, 01:37 PM
In the end I found a utility from MS that blitzes installs from your machine, that did the trick..

Mind telling us what it is? I'd like to see it.

C.

Dan Crosby
06-28-2005, 04:19 AM
Its the user interface to MsiZap.

You can get it at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

sumeetpk
02-24-2006, 09:39 AM
hi
can u tell me ...one thing....this is a big one.....as i have installed setup on my system.And after completion of installtion ,user need to restart the sytem.If it doesnt,and he does a REINSTALL ,it come up with message saying "INSTALLTION FAILED".
It was bcos i was making some registry entry by executing BATCH file which does some entry related to driver in REGISTRY.And if after installtion,system is not getting reatarted, it tries makeing same registry entry again thru the call to BATCH file by LAUNCHAPPANDWAIT ,hence
i want if user go for REINSTALLTION ,he/she shud be prompted for uncomlete installtion since he has not restarted his system after doing the installtion.
i am using installscript project 9.
rgds
sumeet