PDA

View Full Version : Combo box not working in windows2000

petesouthwest
06-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi

I'm very new to installshield so please excuse me if this is a daft question! :o

I have created a basic msi project. In that project I have created a new dialog, that contains a combo box.

When I test my msi on win xp platforms, my combo box contains the values I entered and the setup seems to function correctly.

However, when I test my msi on a win2000 server machine, the combo box either doesnt contain any values or is not functioning correctly.

Can anyone suggest what I have done wrong and how I should correct the situation?

Many thanks
Pete

RobertDickau
06-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Perhaps try increasing the Height value of the combo box control?

petesouthwest
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Thank you for that; it did seem to be the problem.
I am a bit surprised that the combo box isn't automatically big enough to show all of the items on any operating system. Why is there a difference between the way the items are shown in XP compared to 2000? Are there any other quirks like this between the operating systems which may affect how my application is viewed on each?
Many thanks

mike_delp
06-01-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm new to using installshield but that is the only difference that I have noticed between Windows 2000 and XP. I usually set the combo box to 100 for Windows 2000.

Mike