PDA

View Full Version : Email Action on CD

Findingfreedom
05-27-2005, 11:31 AM
I've created an email action that takes information entered by users on forms and puts it into a file that is emailed to me. It works fine. That is, if it's running directly on the user's pc. When I have it running off the CD, Demoshield cannot overwrite the text file with the information from the forms.

There's an option "Process file for tokens" But before I can use this I need the file to move itself to the computer's temp directory. I have no idea how to have this happen. Hopefully this doesn't sound too confusing. Any help is appreciated.

Chandy Navarata
05-31-2005, 02:00 PM
The DemoShield Player will make a copy of this file resource into the temp folder and process any tokens in this file from the temp folder before sending the email.

Regards,

Findingfreedom
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
The DemoShield Player will make a copy of this file resource into the temp folder and process any tokens in this file from the temp folder before sending the email.

Regards,

But it DOESN'T do this! The whole things works fine when booted from the hard drive. But the CD can't be written on and it sends the original text document, unchanged by forms. It shows <scenexx.form2> - Is there an option I'm missing? Should I import the text document from refrence?

Chandy Navarata
06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Which version of DemoShield are you using? Can you post a copy of your demo so I can investigate this further?

Regards,

Findingfreedom
06-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Attatched. Hopefully you'll be able to duplicate my problem. I've tried putting them in a read-only folder and it worked fine. It seems to happen only on a CD. I appreciate the help! :)
Edit: Demoshield 8

Chandy Navarata
06-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I do not see anything different about the demo which would cause it to fail from the CD. When you play the demo from the CD, navigate to your temp folder using Windows Explorer. You should see a copy of feedback.txt with the tokens dumped into the temp folder. Now fill up the form and send an email. The copy of feedback.txt in the temp folder should have processed all the tokens. Can you confirm this?

Regards,

Findingfreedom
06-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Ok, I did what you suggested. And the Temp file stays the same. But I found out why!

Somehow, the demo looks for the file on the root of the cd. but obviously the cd can't be overwritten. So when I drag the contents of the CD to the desktop, it then writes to the root txt file! It doesn't even touch the temp one, even though a copy still gets copied into the temp.

So what did I do that makes it look on the root rather than the temp? I have no idea.