PDA

View Full Version : sending parameters to .ism

DOBJEK
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm new in InstallShield and I guess this is very simple question for InstallShield's gury. I need to compile .ism from command line and pass some custom parameters to make my installation flexible. Form the documentation I found this line
ISCmdBld.exe -p Test.ism
There are a branch of predefined parameters that I can use for such compilation. And it works perfect.
But I can't find how can compile .ism with some custom parameters that are not predefined? (something like: ISCmdBld.exe -p Test.ism -parameter "key=value")?
And also how can I use this data on Dialog windows?
Thank you in advance.

RobertDickau
06-01-2005, 11:01 AM
You might look into using the Automation interface to change your .ism project file from the command line.

DOBJEK
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
thank you it's really interesting information.
I read about setupini utility. And I found that it can be very userful for my purposes. I can't run this utility properly on my computer.. it looks like it corrupts my setup.exe file and after this I can't run installation. Do you have any ideas what the problem is? FYI: I use evaluation version of InstallShield maybe this is problem?
Thank you in advance.
-Eugeniy

DOBJEK
06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
You might look into using the Automation interface to change your .ism project file from the command line.

thank you it's really interesting information.
I read about setupini utility. And I found that it can be very userful for my purposes. I can't run this utility properly on my computer.. it looks like it corrupts my setup.exe file and after this I can't run installation. Do you have any ideas what the problem is? FYI: I use evaluation version of InstallShield maybe this is problem?
Thank you in advance.
-Eugeniy