PDA

View Full Version : MSDE 2000 Object - Changed For IS 11?

Dan Crosby
05-25-2005, 10:43 AM
In our previous DEV9 install, MSDE 2000 was installed conditionally (as we require it to be), and thus the MSDE install actually kicks of during the UI sequence (after we have decided that it needs to be installed).

Now I've upgraded to IS 11, the MSDE install proceeds before the UI sequence??? Why has it changed...?

This is not the first time 'upgrading' has broken our installs...

dbriggs
06-24-2005, 10:25 AM
This sounds like a child MSI type of problem. When running the MSDE install from an MSI using the custom action for a child install, the MSDE MSI has to run during the UI phase as it is incompatible with the normal Execute sequence procedure.

I'm using DS9 and haven't got an MSDE installer working yet, so you may be way, way, way ahead of me!

David

dbriggs
06-27-2005, 10:07 AM
See also:-

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=135040

in case it helps. This is in the InstallShield X - InstallScript Projects forum.

David

Dan Crosby
06-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info David, I did get my installation working the way I wanted.
Unfortunately for you (perhaps) I can't remember how I solved this particular problem!

Using InstallShield really makes me want to stick sharp things in my eyes sometimes....

[Edit] - Reading further...I remember, I found the very post you quoted and downloaded the new MSDE object from the references found there...