PDA

View Full Version : Installer Execution Error 5009 with IS11

lalala
05-20-2005, 09:33 AM
I updated DevStudio9 to Installshield 11.
My project is an Installscript project.
OS is Windows 2000 Pro

When my project is build by Installshield11, there is the -5009 error when I install my installer.
Strangely (maybe not), the same error occured when I tried to install the skin customizable Kit. I reported earlier today this problem. I have not received answers for the moment.

This error occurs when trying to install or uninstall.
I tried my installer on a Windows XP Pro pc and it works.

The specifications tell it should work on W2000 pro.
Has anyone had the same problem?

thank you in advance,

chrishein
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
We are currently looking into what causes this error with InstallScript project built with 11. It seems to be very machine specific and is happening mostly on people's development machines (ie the machine that you have 11 installed on).

The good news is that there is a fairly easy fix available. If you go to the folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\Runtime
You should see a file called ISProBE.tlb. If you rename this file (or delete it) and then immediately attempt to run either an InstallScript Install that you built with 11 or the Object installer it will replace this file which will now be updated to a size of 116 KB. Your projects should work correctly at this point.

A brief warning... Once you have renamed or deleted this file do not attempt to re-start IS 11 until you have run the InstallScript Install which replaces this file. Restarting 11 will probably cause Windows Installer Auto Repair. However once it has been reinstalled (by launching an InstallScript Setup) you should be able to launch 11 with no problems.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris

lalala
05-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Thanks a lot, It answered perfectly to my problem.

Driesqu
06-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Hello,

I deleted the files within c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\Runtime

Now, I have to reinstall you tell. Where can I find the file I need to reinstall?

thank you

chrishein
06-28-2005, 10:07 AM
To reinstall these files all you need to do is re-run an IS 11 InstallScript Project (for many user's they are installing the InstallScript Objects or Skin Customization kit which are InstallScript Installs). When you run the InstallScript project and it does not find those files it will install the correct version. That should get you up and running.

Chris

wthierry
07-07-2005, 11:41 AM
We have had consistent problems with this in Installshield X

We just made our software available last week to several hundred thousand users, and Installshield issues seem to be our biggest problem. People get error 5009, also, we have several issues with CTOR.dll on XP machines where users cannot uninstall the app correctly. Are there ways we can deal with this using a patch, as opposed to having to tell users to go searching and deleting these files? That doesnt seem to be a good option for us since our software is out on such a large scale.

samsquared
10-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Does the solution (renaming the .tlb file and rerunning an IS 11 install) cause any problems with using IS 6.12? I'm just evaluating IS 11 and don't want to mess up any existing installation work.

chrishein
10-12-2005, 12:58 PM
No the work around for this behavior will not affect any Pro 6 installations. The 11 tlb file is backwards compatible with all versions of IS.

chris

kmoulton
11-04-2005, 05:52 PM
I recently converted a DevStudio 9 InstallScript Install to InstallShield 11. Today I encountered this problem (-5009) when Installing on a Windows 2000 machine.

This is pretty serious to us. We are in the process of getting a couple of more seats of InstallShield 11. We are thinking of converting a huge InstallShield Professional 6 project to InstallShield 11. We wouldn't want this error to stop our automated installations.

Will there be a patch for this?

Does this also occur for InstallScript MSI projects?

Thanks,

--Kim Moulton

wenju_wang
01-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Recently I upgraded IS 7.01 to IS 11.0, I got same error message.The Hotfix #4 doesn't work anymore. Do you have any update or good news for this error message?

Although deleting/renaming the file is a wrokaround, but it is very bad solution, we will get a lot of customer calls. it is a stop shower for my release.
:mad:

wenju_wang
01-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Intresting Finding:

If both the folder "11" and old version of IsProBE.tlb exists under the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime", this error will occur. Deleting either of them will make setup initionlization pass.

thefears
11-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi guys, i replied to this old thread in case someone out there as had the same problem as me. In year 2006 15 NOV

While trying to install CorelDRAWGraphicsSuiteX3.exe it gave me the 5009 error. Im using an AMD 3400+ with winxp.

anyways the above, about changing the file IsProBE.tlb worked and has fixed my problem. Under C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime

error code 5009