PDA

View Full Version : Visual Studio 2003 looses c++ after InstallShield installation

radrevere
05-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Ok, this is one that is driving me crazy. I have had to repair VS 4 times now after installing and removing installshield products. For some reason it is ONLY c/c++ that disapears from my IDE. Am I the only one or has anyone else experienced this?

At the very least I would like to know how InstallShield is integrated so I can try to fix it without waiting over 1 hour for Visual Studio to repair itself (or remove/reinstall). :(

radrevere
05-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I found out that the problem happens when InstallShield is uninstalled from the system. What is the unistall doing when it removes InstallShield from Visual Studio??????

JacobLevin
05-18-2005, 04:57 PM
radrevere,

I tried this and I was unable to reproduce this on a system here. From what I can see all Visual C++ Projects are available in the VS.NET 2003 IDE after I've uninstalled InstallShield 11.

Is there anything specific you could tell me about your system specs that might be relevant?

When we integrate with VS.NET 2003 we install and register some dlls that handle the integration and then register the add-in with VS.NET. When we uninstall it we simply unregister and delete the dlls and unregister the add-in from VS.NET - this is a simple description at least.

Any information you can provide that might help in figuring out why this might be happening would be appreciated.

Thank you.

radrevere
05-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Thank you for attempting to duplicate the issue. I will have to look deeper into my system to see if there is anything in particular that could be different. In eliminating possibilities I will removed the Visual Assist plugin to see if it is related.
It very well could be a bug with Visual Studio. Thank you for the feedback, if I find out anything relevant I will post it.