PDA

View Full Version : Repair installation works differently in newer InstallShield versions.

lynxraven
05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I have recently begun receiving support questions about the installer for our application. It seems that a previous version of InstallShield (9 or 8 I think) would install the application onto the PDA through CEAppMgr.exe when you did a repair, but the new InstallShield does not do this. We currently use InstallShield X, and I tried the evaluation version of InstallShield 11, but it exhibits the same behaviour. Is it possible to get the source code or a modified version of CEInstall.dll (I think this is where the problem is) to install the application onto the PDA when doing a repair.

More Information...
At the moment, doing a repair will run CEAppMgr.exe, but it will not actually reinstall the application on the PDA. We were previously using it this way so that a user could repair the installation to install onto several PDA's from the one machine.

Peter Goodwin
11-10-2005, 05:57 AM
I have also noticed this, when using ActiveSync to deploy the application to the mobile device.

Did you manage to find a solution to this, or does anybody else know why a repair install does not attempt to redeploy the .cab files to the mobile device?