PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Cursor problem

Perion9
04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I have come across the following issue when my tutorial is run on various types of machines. If it happens on one machine, it seems to happen on any additional machine of the same model, and there is no pattern between the affected machines, including age or OS.

Issue:
I have a number of events in my tutorials whose action consists of an "action move cursor" to specified coordinates and within a selected timeframe. On some machines, when the tutorial contains such events, and one is fired off, the mouse moves to the destination coordinates, but then the tutorial stops progressing, as in it doesn't continue to the next event. If the user takes the mouse and moves the cursor around (the cursor is controlled by the action, in that it moves the actual mouse cursor), the user finds that the cursor obeys their mouse movement until they stop moving it, at which time the tutorial starts pulling it back to the destination coordinates.

The above leads me to believe that even though it makes it to the destination coordinates, it never registers that it has. It simply keeps trying to move to the spot even though it is there already.

Extra:
If I set the spacebar as a way to pause or continue the demo (file, properties), the user can press it twice and this causes the tutorial to get past the problem. Basicly, the mouse is still trying to reach the coordinates, the user pauses, then unpauses the tutorial, and it makes it to the next event.

If I place an animated .gif as an image object in the scene, this seems to nullify the issue (though I am still testing). This originally was a way to tell if the demo time was still progressing even though nothing was happening on the screen (debugging demoshield productions...).

It is not reproduceable on my machine, whether in the designer or as an .exe/ .dbd. It only occurs on certain models, but as I said, there is no pattern to the affected models.

- (I hope someone has made to this point in my long post)

Has anyone had this issue? Installshield, are you familiar with this issue? I am now spending more time debugging my demoshield tutorials than I spend building them. I can't send out a finished product to my company's many clients with a disclaimer that the tutorials work only sometimes.

I am on DS8.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------
PS. Still praying to the Installshield god for a maintenance release...

Perion9
04-26-2005, 04:41 PM
It seems the gif doesn't fix the issue.

Chandy Navarata
04-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Can you post a copy of your demo or mail it to cnavaratan@macrovision.com? Please send me the names of scenes exhibiting this behavior.

Regards,

Keith123
05-25-2005, 11:49 AM
I am having the same problem. The demo will usually continue for me if I click with the mouse a couple of times. Is it known how to fix this yet? I am guessing that it might be an issue with the software since the moderator wanted to look at it, but I do not see a response from her. Is their a release to fix this, or do I need to try and find another way to show my demo?
I am on version 7.02, would this still be the same problem?