PDA

View Full Version : .dat and dat=

teleca1
04-18-2005, 09:18 AM
I have a CD Browser which is built of several demos. One demo for every supported language and one .dat file for every language. The demos are built in 6.5.

I'm converting the demos to DS 8. My question is, if I make one .txt file with dat= for every language. How do I do to get my demo to use the .txt file? My demos use the text which they are made with in DS and not the localized text which is in the .txt file?

Chandy Navarata
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Hello,

You need to use the 3-letter language codes instead of the DAT= in the TXT file. It would help if you can post a copy of the txt file.

Regards,

teleca1
04-19-2005, 02:36 AM
The demo have the following file structure.

phone.dbd
demo32.exe
phone.ini
english/
phone.dbd
phone.txt
phone.ini
danish/
phone.dbd
phone.txt
phone.ini

The danish directory phone.txt is in danish and the english directory phone.txt is in english.
The demo has a language choosing scene in which the user changes language. I'm attaching the .txt files.

Chandy Navarata
04-19-2005, 11:01 AM
You need to replace DAT with ENU in the text file as that represents the language code for English (US).

Regards,

teleca1
04-20-2005, 01:44 AM
I have changed to ENU and DAN in the different files and the files isn't used anyway.
Have attached my new files.

Chandy Navarata
04-20-2005, 02:00 AM
The directory structure seems a little confusing... are you invoking the demo "english\phone.dbd" from the demo phone.dbd in the root level using a Launch Demo action?

teleca1
04-20-2005, 02:08 AM
The english\phone.dbd is launched from the phone.dbd.
There is also a Language scene in which the demo with the choosen language is launched. If the user chooses danish the danish\phone.dbd is launched.

Chandy Navarata
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
In that case I would suggest that you use the 3-letter language code as the folder name where the specific language demos are located such as:

- phone.dbd
- demo32.exe
- phone.ini
- ENU <folder>
- phone.dbd
- phone.txt
- phone.ini
- DAN <folder>
- phone.dbd
- phone.txt
- phone.ini

and the Launch Demo action in the root level phone.dbd should use the language token to specify the full path to the demo that needs to be launched such as:

<Path><Global.SelectedLanguage>\phone.dbd<Path>

Regards,

teleca1
04-26-2005, 03:15 AM
What do I write in the different .txt files to make it work?
Should the DAN/phone.txt contain DAN= or dat=?

Chandy Navarata
04-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Phone.txt in the DAN folder should use 'DAN'.

teleca1
04-28-2005, 04:02 AM
but I can't get it to work. How does the SelectedLanguage change? When I try it is never DAN or ENU. I should change it when the user makes his/her choice in my Language scene or?

teleca1
04-28-2005, 07:41 AM
I get it to work for the language which my OS have, which is SVE, and I get it to work if I use DS language selection dialog.
But our customer wants to use our Language selection scene which did work fine when we used DS 6.5.
How do I set the language? How do I get the .txt files to work? Is it possible at all?

Chandy Navarata
04-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Can you mail me a copy of both the demos to cnavaratan@macrovision.com?

Regards,

teleca1
05-02-2005, 09:26 AM
I have sent you a mail, hope you can help.

teleca1
05-04-2005, 02:05 AM
I need to solve this next week or do something else. So I need to know if it is possible to do this in DS 8?