PDA

View Full Version : Set language

teleca1
04-15-2005, 08:03 AM
I'm converting a demo from 6.5 to 8. The demo I'm converting has a scene in which the user chose the language which the demo and installation shall be shown in.
Is there a way to set the choosen language? I know about the Choose language dialog but if it is posible I'm not to change the demo I'm converting.

Chandy Navarata
04-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I'm a little confused by your description... if you already have the scene setup to pick a language for the setup that should be converted in 8.0 as well. Is there a problem with the conversion or are you adding this capability after converting the demo in 8.0?

Regards,

teleca1
04-19-2005, 02:29 AM
I try to explain.
The demo I'm converting have the following file structure.

phone.dbd
demo32.exe
phone.ini
english/
phone.dbd
phone.dat
phone.ini
danish/
phone.dbd
phone.dat
phone.ini

The .dat file in the danish directory is in danish and the .dat in the english directory is in english. I have 22 different languages in the demo.

Now I'm trying to make this work in DS 8.

Chandy Navarata
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
In 8.0 your directory structure would look like:

phone.dbd
demo32.exe
phone.ini
phone.txt

where phone.txt contains the translations for all the languages. You can find detailed descriptions of the format of this file in the online help. Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards,

teleca1
04-22-2005, 07:06 AM
I have changed the directory structure but I still need to set the language.
Have a language choosing scene that we want to keep. How do I set the language after the user have made his/her choice?

Chandy Navarata
04-25-2005, 03:07 AM
How is the user choosing the language? Are you using the language selection dialog in DemoShield for that?

teleca1
04-26-2005, 03:09 AM
No the demo is not using the dialog. The demo has a scene where the user can choose language.

ncalverley
10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi Teleca1

Did you ever find a solution to your problem with the Language selection.

I think i understand what you where attempting to do an i am trying the exact same thing, so far without success.

I wish to bypass the Demoshield Language selection and use our own dialog to do this but it appears it will not work...

Thanks in advance