PDA

View Full Version : Resizing problems

Klergy
04-03-2005, 03:34 AM
I seem to be unable to resize text objects by dragging the mouse! Is it another Demoshield 8 bug, or is it something I missed in the settings? (apologies for my ignorance, but I am new in the Demoshield environment). Thanks for your help.

upfront
04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
You right click the text box, the text box properties will show, choose font and then pick the size font you want. I think demoshield has tutorials available, you might want to run thru those to get the basics.

EthanBedwyr
04-05-2005, 08:33 AM
If you're wanting to resize the actual text object, I've found that certain kinds of text objects can be resized while others can't. For example, I can't resize any object with a type of User Defined Text. On the other hand, if I use Multi-Style Text, and put an extra blank line/carriage return at the end of the text, I can resize the text object any way I like.

Hope this helps. :)

Klergy
04-08-2005, 04:06 AM
You right click the text box, the text box properties will show, choose font and then pick the size font you want. I think demoshield has tutorials available, you might want to run thru those to get the basics.

I did try to set sizes of text objects via properties. I doesn't seem to have any effect with Demoshield 8.

Klergy
04-08-2005, 04:12 AM
If you're wanting to resize the actual text object, I've found that certain kinds of text objects can be resized while others can't. For example, I can't resize any object with a type of User Defined Text. On the other hand, if I use Multi-Style Text, and put an extra blank line/carriage return at the end of the text, I can resize the text object any way I like.

I did try that method (extra blank line/carriage return), and yes, I was able to resize text objects. But what an akward method!

Jean Richards
03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm working in DemoShield 8 and can't re-size a text box unless I use Size on the General tab of the Text Properties box. Very cumbersome and time consuming. Changing to a different style and adding extra returns did not help. Any other ideas for resizing by dragging would be appreciated.