PDA

View Full Version : fuzzy images in Demoshield

Meditrain
03-31-2005, 08:13 AM
I've run into a problem. I've created a product demo where I use screen captures (jpeg and gif) of a system to demostrate how to use the system. However, some users are having trouble seeing some of the images as they appear fuzzy after they install and run the demo on their machines. Further, not all the images are fuzzy, only some. there doesn't seem to be a pattern (just gif's affected, or images of a certain size....)

thoughts?

EthanBedwyr
03-31-2005, 10:23 AM
My initial instinct was to suggest that maybe you have a problem with color depth. What color depth (display settings) were the images shot at, and what color depth are your users using? (If you know, that is. Our installers test the user's color depth and prevent running any of our programs if they're running lower than 16-bit color).

I'm not sure whether color depth problems might be described as "fuzzy", but it's possible, and that might fit with the rest of your description. I guess if you could get a screenshot of a fuzzy image and post it here, I might have other thoughts (speaking for myself).

Meditrain
03-31-2005, 10:33 AM
hi
I've tried different machines, different o/s, different resolutions and different color depths but I can't duplicate the problem this person is having. I've even sent them the basic images from the problem scenes (the jpegs and gifs that are in the demo) and they can see them fine.

Chandy Navarata
03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Can you send a copy of the images to cnavaratan@macrovision.com?

Regards,