PDA

View Full Version : Capture loads 20 frames and then stops - Help!

David.Unisys
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Trying to do the first demo of our software. The first couple of tries of running capture to get screens and mouse movement works fine, but then it just quits. After about 20 frames (scenes) hitting the begin button just jumps back to the storyboard view and no capture will take place.

How do I get it to capture more than 20 frames? (Or is that not possible?)
Was counting on this tool and was surprised to find out there is no support even for a producy that fails right out of the box.

Is there any way to turn off the wizard panel? Since I have to work on a laptop that eats up about half my screen.

David

Perion9
03-23-2005, 08:53 PM
While somebody else may be able to give you an actual answer about the Screen Capturing ability, I can suggest what to do while you wait.

I have thus far found that capturing screenshots using a non-demoshield method (from (1) ALT or CTRL + Prt Scr to the (2) Impict program), importing them, and then creating "move cursor" action-events to be more reliable and less stressful. This gives you the ability to name your screenshots as you go, which makes it easier to organize and reference/ call them later with other actions. While you can go into the Manage Resources tool and "rename" the pictures, the little preview screen makes it hard to determine exactly what you are looking at. -- That's the method I have developed (it also gives you a chance to touch up screenshots if needed). Such a way may not be practical for everyone though. Hope this helps.

The wizard-panel...
B/c you mention it, I assume you are using DS/8. I hope you didn't use DS/7, as if you had, you would know how bad the panel really is. The panel, according to sometimes emotional posts already in this forum, is an issue to a number of people. There is no way to remove it or turn it off. DemoShield has made no indication as to whether it's demise it in the cards either. I hope someone can correct me, but I believe that panel is there to stay. Sorry...

EthanBedwyr
03-24-2005, 09:43 AM
I think Joanna Grote or else perhaps it was Chandy Navaratan said that the removal of this obtrusive panel would be considered for a future patch for Version 8, but no promises were being made. I suspect that if there's enough of an outcry they may eventually remove it, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. :(

I agree that the panel seems remarkably ill-conceived and obtrusive. I haven't updated to DS 8 yet anyway, but I downloaded the trial version and was quite displeased. The wizard panel was one major reason for that displeasure.