PDA

View Full Version : Customized Company Copyright Information

tarkinkl
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I am using DemoShield 8 to create an auto run CD and would like to know if there's a way to include the company copyright information as a splash screen when the demo automatically launches.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

Perion9
03-23-2005, 08:22 PM
This is a KB article from DemoShield's KB link (you can find it by going to InstallShield's main page). I have saved it locally and no longer know what article number it is, though you could search using it's title or Doc ID maybe.

Anyway, here's what the article said.

PS. I have successfully changed my opening splash screen using it so it should work for you. Hope this is what you were wanting.

This article applies to the following:
Product(s):
DemoShield 5.x, 6.7x, 7.x, 8.x

Summary
This article will explain how to change the beginning splash screen that appears when you launch your DemoShield demo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discussion
To change the message string on the opening splash you will need to create a text file (using Notepad.exe) and save the file as demo.cbc. Type the following information into the document:

[Init]
Message="My message here..."

Then, copy the demo.cbc file into the same location as the Player (demo32.exe).

Note: You can also customize the splash by creating one of your own. To do this, you would have to create a bitmap with the name demo.bmp and place it in the same folder as the Player (demo32.exe).

One more thing
If doing the .bitmap thing, I would suggest the following:
Create what you think would look good as an opening splash screen, and place this file in ...\Program Files\InstallShield\DemoShield 8\Program or wherever your primary demo32.exe is located. Then, simply kick off one of your smaller .dbd files. It will access this demo32 and your new bmp, which will give you a quick display of how the splash screen looks. Keep fine-tuning the bmp until the splash looks good, then start incorporating it into your production demos.