PDA

View Full Version : How to edit an html document in runtime.

mumble
03-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I would like to edit an html document with values i have asked for during the install. Is it possible to dynamically change an html document during the install. If so where would i find information on this and is there example script which could lead me in the right direction.

RadhaK
03-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Hi,

Are you adding any HTML file and want to change the text of it or want to change the text of default HTML documents which are installed during installation?

Wincor
03-09-2005, 04:01 AM
If the html file isn´t displayed in a browser before changing its value, you can use a common placeholder (<MYPLACEHOLDER>) and use installshield´s function to substitute those strings. This works for text-files of any kind just fine.

HTH
Wincor

Annaraj
03-09-2005, 04:16 AM
Try using the combination FileGrep,StrFind, FileDeleteLine and FileInsertLine built-in functions.

This works fine for Text files, XMl file so it should work for html file too.

mumble
03-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks, I used a combination of the of fileGrep etc to achieve the editing of the html file, works great.

My problem now is that I install the html document onto the users computer and then edit the document. I'm not sure but i dont think this is good practice. I would like to edit the documents before placing the html forms onto the users computer.

Is there a way I can call a component file and edit the file. I gather the component is just a pointer to the information? so not sure if i can do this with out editing the source?

Sorry im only just new to install sheild so still not sure how it works. :confused: