PDA

View Full Version : Shape Object: Lines

Perion9
03-08-2005, 11:39 AM
I have an issue in which the following steps are done to build a diagonal line in a scene with an "Arrow Shape" placed at either end:

Steps:
Create diagonal line on scene
Open properties
Go to Object Styles tab
Check Beginning in "Arror Placement" (also tried End)
Select Pointed in "Arror Shape" (also tried Triangular)
Click OK

For me, this results in a line with a couple pixels of the arrow, but missing the majority of it.

I have tried/ checked the following:
Saved and exited designer, went back in
Verified that the line didn't have a time-appearance property
Pasted a copy of the original (duplicate still retains problem)
Tried a straight line (in this case, there wasn't any portion of the arrow)

/* I could of sworn I successfully used arrowed lines in DS7. */

My theory, in consideration of some of the current issues in DS8, is that the resizing of the line's dimensions is failing. Since I am first creating the line, then placing arrows, I wonder if the designer is refusing to allow the line to grow, thus keeping the actual arrows hidden. Just a guess...

Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue. I would use the bulky arrow shapes, but I really need diagonals...

I will include a .bmp attachment of the issues. Included are:
- original diagonal line
- pasted copy of diagonal line (thought it would rezize the new one)
- a straight version to identify scope of issue

Thanks to any that help!

Thanks

>> DS8, a work in progress... I hope.

Perion9
03-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Attachment:

Perion9
03-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Okay, here's an easier one since nobody's biting at the first:
Has anyone successfully created lines with arrows in DS8?

One word answers will work, though more is appreciated.

Chandy Navarata
03-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Hello,

There appears to be an issue in creating lines with arrows. We will keep you posted when a workaround is available.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Regards,

Perion9
03-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks for your response. I take it to mean it isn't my problem alone.

My current workaround:
For now, I have found creating Arrow Lines in other graphic apps even as simple as MS Paint, with a consistant background, are useable when imported.

I make the bg color transparent in my fill styles, and then stretch the pic to make it line up. While this does eliminate conformity and is not practical, it works better than nothing.

Chandy-
Is there a location of known issues more easily searcheable than this forum? It may save me time from posting an already known issue.

Thanks

Chandy Navarata
03-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I'd suggest you visit our support web site for such information at http://support.installshield.com.

Regards,

idebono
03-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Is there a SP or Hotfix for these issues?

I upgraded from an older version of DemoShield (where the lines/arrows worked) and now it doesn't.

I cannot release my demos because of such things, and I it's getting critical.

Thanks,
Ivan

Perion9
03-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Question:

Did you have any demos created in DS7(.5), containing arrow-lines, that you converted into DS8 demos? If so, what happens to the arrow-lines already created in the previous format?

Just curious...
Thanks

idebono
03-16-2005, 11:14 AM
yes i had arrow lines in ds7.5 and they showed up correctly in ds8. But I need to move, change, rotate, add arrows and once I touch an existing arrow it just messe up.