PDA

View Full Version : How to change the Setup File Name in Install Script project ?

iftikhar
03-02-2005, 05:48 AM
I am having an Install Script project and want to change the final setup file name to MySetup.exe.
I know how to do it in MSI Install Script project and other types of projects but I cannot find a way to do it in Install Script project.

Please help

anitabs
03-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Hope this link helps you to solve the issue
helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/InstallShieldXLangRef/LangrefSdFeatureDialogAdv.htm - 12k - 2004-08-17

iftikhar
03-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Hope this link helps you to solve the issue
helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/InstallShieldXLangRef/LangrefSdFeatureDialogAdv.htm - 12k - 2004-08-17

Thank you for your reply.

But I am looking to change the name of the setup file during the build of my project. The link explains of how to allow the end user to change the Dir and other things not of how to change the setup file name.
In MSI Install Script project you can do that through the Media by changing the property Setup File name but this property is not exist when you have Install Script project.

RadhaK
03-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Hi,

I believe, Setup file can be renamed by creating a single self-extracting file instead of a standard set of files. (Build / Media wizard = create a single file executable ).

Check the below link

http://helpnet.installshield.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?mgr=agm&tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2Finstallshield10-5helplib%2FIHelpRelease_CreateSingleExe.htm&wnd=InstallShieldLivingHelp%7CMain&agt=wsm&ctxid=search%2Fgsearch.asp

iftikhar
03-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Thank you RadhaK , for the anwser but this is not what I am looking for.
I want to change the setup file name not the self extract file name

RadhaK
03-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Hi,

I believe, it is not possible to rename the setup filename during build.

neo_matrix
03-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Sorry,

You cannot change the Setup.exe file name if it is of media type other than single file executable. The only solution is to create a Single File Executable and change the same there.

Neo